Thursday, July 06, 2006

Love on the Dot-Com, Part 2: Unlucky in Love

Is there an unsightly pimple about my face? Do I have psoriasis on my clavicle? Again? Am I unfunny or just plain boring? In the world of online dating, potential mates get to know you based on a few dramatically lit photos and some blurbs written while drunk at work. Based on these two criteria, "Fit4Fun" or whomever can look at me and know whether or not I'm worth his six pack time. As you may have known, I'm attempting to get some man action online. So far, I've "winked" at about 12 guys on Nerve/The Onion personals. Nothing. I sent a cute, though perhaps too cluttered of an invitation to a date to this guy on MySpace. Zilch. And most recently, I asked out another guy, this time on Facebook, whom my friend HJ Spatz thought I'd like. This time I was a bit more straightforward:

"Hello,

I believe you know one Ms. HJ Spatz. If you don't, then this is awkward and you should probably just disregard this message. If you do, I'd like to invite you out to coffee, or maybe drinks, or maybe coffee with booze tossed in there. I don't mind drinking out of a flask. Anywho, let me know if you'd like to hang out sometime."

Informal, cute, but not precious. It's a bit of a gem. I sent it yesterday...nothing quite yet. But I'm not riding it off yet. I am oddly optimistic, as my profile says. Maybe this time, huh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and so... my meaningless.. interuppted.. hella hateful life.. bon appetite..
I hope you love my misery.. I knows I do<3
(aka suicide via hanging myself with my green shoelaces)

Ms. Ross said...

I do. It makes for great stories. You're my muse! And my moose. I love your antlers.

Anonymous said...

Hello. Enjoyed your blog. I like the design and you have great content. Keep up the good work.

To see reviews of the top Online Dating Sites please visit this site.