Monday, December 08, 2008

You Can't Do This To Me

So suddenly opportunity arose
Unexpectedly, as I had never known
A world of insecurities come to pause
That a moment of certainty could, is and was
Though with the day, it all seems like a dream
A miracle in sleep is only make-believe
You've woken something inside that yearns to be free
And to just disappear, you can't do this to me

Perhaps it is my youth or maybe I'm naive
I've always been the victim of my own ideals
Wanting to believe in something so very much
In my desire to touch you I might have lost touch
But when you've waited and waited for nothing to come
It's a miracle when you finally find someone
And to take that away, to deny what could be
It's not fair, it's not right, you can't do this to me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awe leslie dear. I llllloouuuvvee it. what a good poem, it expressed the whole experience perfectly.
<3krista