Monday, December 15, 2008

Self-Loathing

You've disappointed me

Note no note of surprise

I’ve always been deceived

By kind, sorrowful eyes

No one’s fault but mine

Add another fault to list

I’m always keen to find

That which doesn’t exist

Write it down for record

No melody in my head

Every line is full of discord

Every rhyme is filled with dread

If only I could stop these voices being heard

I’d never have to write down one more painful word


I only sought to be an artist

Now I’m a fake like all the rest

I hoped to speak to passion

And somehow define myself

My aim I know is noble

My motives are sincere

I just can’t make up my mind

On where to go from here

No one’s going to love you

The way you need to be loved

And no one’s gonna save you

So you might as well give up

The creeping, lurching darkness now claws at my brain

I know that winter’s despair is yet here again

No comments: