Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A New Life

Where have I been but laying in bed
Contemplating a means to an end
Til I came to realize there's no end to strife
And what I've needed all along is a new life
One I can bear the weight of without strain
One with just enough suffering and pain
Instead of this misery that breaks me down
This agony that has and will always abound
I need a new life, not this hellish prison
I need a new life lest I drown in crimson

What have I done but suffer for art
But art has failed to play its part
Leaving me empty and battered
My cupboards bare, clothes in tatters
I live in a world bereft of value
What's a new life when the old is still true?
When innocence dies for all the wrong reasons
And those of us who seek it must play out each season
A new life, no I need a new existence
New humanity, new gods, a whole new consciousness

No comments: