Friday, March 19, 2010

Reason Enough

Walking home from work, I was mugged last night

By two miserable Bronx children in the fading light

When pushed against a car and stripped of my things

A disturbing calm came over me that theft rarely brings

But with time and sleep, rage now rises inside me

At the little punks’ sheer, unadulterated audacity

The loss of my ipod, new headphones and sunglasses

Is nothing compared to the smiles of those asses

Broad and proud at the victory they had won

Over a tired little faggot all in a game of fun

I walked away unscathed with the air of a monk

In my mind wishing them both the worst of luck

That they should rob the wrong person some day

And end up beaten, shot dead or carried away

Their lives will lead to a misery that is thorough

Whilst I have reason enough to leave this godforsaken borough

No comments: