Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Awaken

Chorus:
Awaken the artist within me
Spark the light
Awaken the love inside me
Make me all right
Shake my soul from its slumber
Yeah, that’s my desire
Shake my all like thunder
That’s it, light my fire

Verse 1:
The day, my mind’s busy
Running away from my pleading heart
But the night, my mind’s dizzy
Self-destruction has become my art
Rather than face my needs like a man
I embrace my fears with both hands

[Chorus]

Verse 2:
How could Galatea learn to love
When rendered directly from stone?
That she was loved
Thus she was human from flesh to bone
Should I find my own Pygmalion
Perhaps then I could feel human again

[Chorus]

Bridge:
Like a poem half-written
I am struggling to listen
To find some way to complete myself
Like a blunt just clipped
I’m smoldering, but unlit
Waiting for the lips of someone else

Verse 3:
3;30 in the morning, I awaken
I’m too hot to sleep or doze
My body for a while’s been achin’
And the pump inside froze
Made from an ice that ain’t soon breakin’
And a loneliness no one knows

[Chorus]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you write this? I'm so sure you did.
It is fantastic. Esp the bridge.
Being a clipped blunt waiting for someone else's lips.
Amazing choice of words.
As most of your work.
<3