Monday, April 23, 2007

Loneliness, He Comes Upon Me

The stillness of the air
Is stung by the restlessness of my single bed
As Loneliness, he comes upon me in the night.
The only lover I’ve ever known
Who always comes home, should he ever leave
His touch, his breath, his aura consumes me
He knows me, and I him, yet we are strangers,
Drawn together for we both seek companionship
Be it miserable, reluctant or compulsive.
It is needed--this companionship, this validation
Thus when I feel the pressure of his body against mine,
When I feel his strong hands clutching at my throat,
Making my breath short and the vision of my life bleak--
When I feel his presence fill and silence my restless bed
Making the still air somehow electric--
I surrender myself completely
Simply because
We all need someone else to keep us warm and safe
From Night’s cold indifference.

No comments: